May 4, 2014

Free Spirit Saturday: Kris Bible

I (Jodi) am happy to introduce our first male Free Spirit, a subjective Scorpio who has become drawn to the idea of simple living. Meet Kris Bible, a 27 year old, young at heart,  adventure-seeker, who was born and raised in Gatlinburg, TN! Gatlingburg is mostly known for Dolly Parton's Dollywood, but is also home to the most beautiful sights to be seen in the East.  The Great Smoky National Park is located at the end of Gatlinburg's downtown stretch.  The park is where this young man has conquered numerous mountain-tops, discovered paths unseen, captured images so beautiful they are indescribable. For the most part, the mountains are responsible for inspiring his various endeavors; the National Park has given him a vision for a life that is far from the norms of our society, but a life that brings a sense of ownership, freedom, and most importantly, happiness.  He envisions a life where we can back to the basics of simple living-being the cultivators of the food that fills our stomachs, the knowledge we acquire in our minds, the comradery of neighborhood, the love the respect we have for each other as individuals.  Most would argue that it is an unobtainable way of life, it is unreasonable...but at one point in time, that was the way of life.  It is quite beautiful to listen to someone speak of such an idea; an idea that appears so primitive to our modern world. 


"Too weird to live, too rare to die." -Hunter S. Thompson 

Opal and Wonder: What is your life motto?

Kris Bible: Difficulty lies in attempting to sum up one's "life motto" into a singular, coherent thought, line, or page; yet one phrase has lead me to being the person I am today..."So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets" (Matthew 7:12).  Surprise, I know...a bible verse.  However, this Law has never led me astray.  Never free of pain, heartache, temptation, but filled with many of enhanced every day moments, unbeknownst adventures, and a family larger than blood. 

O+W: Since I know reading is something you do...A LOT.  Lets talk about some of your favorite books (which I am proud I knew!), music and/or movies?

KB: So many good ones to have just one favorite, therefore I forgo my top three of each (listed above) Also, order does not imply favoritism.  
Book:  
The Giver by Lois Lowry
The Electric Kool-aid Acid Test by Hunter S. Thompson
 Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry to Values by Robert M. Pirsig


Movies:
No Impact Man
Seven Pounds
Into the Wild

Music:      
Rising Appalachia
The Doors 
Elephant Revival

O+W: As you discuss your favorite books (because I know you will), what is your favorite quote?


KB: Oh, you thought I was going to rant about 1984?! Hahaha.  My favorite quote?! That's a tough one...probably one of my favorites is from Hunter S. Thompson, "Too weird to live, too rare to die." 


O+W: Tell us your passions.  What matters most to you?


KB: Life.  That's really all that matters to me.  Without life...well, I'm not sure, but it would suck.  When I say, "life," I mean the opportunity to do what you see fit in the situation at hand.  Rather it be to hike a mountain, plant a garden, or go to kick-ass rager party.  Moments.  Life is nothing but an amazingly complicated, constantly changing, brutal, beautiful collections of moments. And it's the ones that are remembered that count.  





O+W: Tell us about how you live your life as a free-spirit, and what it means to you?  

KB: As I have been told by too many co-workers, I do what I want. No matter consequence, conclusion, or odds; if I set my mind on doing something, there’s not much that can stand in my way. To me, that very action defines being a free spirit.  

O+W: What inspired you to start  Chaos Made Sense in late 2013?  What is it about the type of photography you do that makes you want to share it? 




KB:  The only thing I do differently that most photographers do nowadays is I don’t edit. Besides that sharing my photography is a chance to show people how the world looks those eyes that look a little closer than most. There is nothing more powerful, beautiful, and humbling then to capture an image. Not to mention the high you get when some wants, like, or compliments something you hold so dear.

O+W: Describe the projects you are currently tackling?  Why did you decide to learn to build furniture? Or anything for that manner, hobby or genuine interest?  

KB: Ha! I lost count years ago, knowledge, I feel, doesn't sit docile waiting for someone to come find it.  Just like building furniture, photography, sign carving, gardening, and the countless others found me.  I never went looking for them.  The furniture building came from an almost limitless supply of materials: pallets, good-will, and recycling/re-purposing.

O+W: Where does your inspiration for your writings #hopefullywordstothewise come from?

KB: To be honest, #hopefullywordstothewise is my emotional outlet.  I use it as an opportunity to show people what I see is happening, what is wrong,  what is right in in how we live day-to-day.  People, both known and stranger alike, are my muse.  There are a few key players that have inspired me more than others, my favorite to mention  is Joanna Bigham aka J or pusspuss.  


O+W: Haha, thanks for that.  Discuss your philosophy on life. And the pursuit of happiness. Try not to get all political, rant-like :)

KB: Live it. Live it for you. Live it for your loved ones. Live it for your friends. Live it for the people you haven’t yet to meet. Live life as you if one day you will have to balance each moment on a scale of righteous. Make sure you do more good than bad. Not because you might go to “Hell” but because if you don’t then you suck.  

It is always interesting interviewing/writing a piece on someone that you have had the pleasure of knowing, loving, and watching grow during our experiences together.  Thank you again, Kris Bible for allowing me to share your views, humor, hopes, and dreams for your future, as well as others you encounter on this journey through life.  Life is so much more fun with you in it.  

If you would like to connect with Kris 
                                             Facebook: ChaosMadeSense
                                             Instagram: @chaoskris
                                    


   

1 comment:

  1. my life's journey has been made more beautiful and interesting having Kris Bible as a part of it.......carry on son.

    ReplyDelete